History of the Firm

Timeline:

1948
T. Norman Mansell opens an Architectural practice over a dress shop on South 17th Street in Philadelphia and quickly develops a regional reputation for the design of places of worship, senior living and higher education.
 
 
1957
The firm moves the Chestnut Street where Richard Lewis joins the firm. The name changes to Mansell, McGettigan, Lewis & Fugate.
 
 
1962
The office moves to Wynnewood, PA and the name changes to Mansell, Lewis & Fugate.
 
 
1976
T. Norman Mansell & Edwin Fugate retire and the firm name becomes Richard Lewis and Associates. The firm moves to Wyncote, PA.
 
 

1979
Phil Rodgers is hired and is named as an Associate the following year.
 
 
1985
Phil Rodgers becomes a Principal. Firm name changes to Lewis & Rodgers Architects. The firm continues the design of places of worship and senior living, along with colleges, health care settings, retail and other commercial work.
 
 
1986
Joyce Lenhardt is hired. She becomes an Associate of the firm in 1993. The firm evolves to primarily focus on senior living and places of worship.
 
 
1999
Richard Lewis passed away suddenly. Joyce Lenhardt and another associate continue the practice under the name Lenhardt Lolli & Rodgers Architects.
 
 
2008
With the departure of Jim Lolli, the firm name is changed to Lenhardt Rodgers Architects. Phil and Joyce buy the former Masonic Lodge in Fort Washington, PA. The firm develops Interior Design practice within the firm, and designs the interiors for the new office.
 
 
2011
The firm name is modified to Lenhardt Rodgers | Architecture + Interiors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *